Ibadan Medical Students’ Association (UIMSA) were unable to provide the manpower and logistics support promised from their end as they were handicapped by the situation in their institution at that time.
The outreach however held on the new date – June 9, 2018 as the situation that necessitated its postponement had been resolved and all partners were fully on board. Below is a summarized account of the outreach.
The goals of the June Edition of the Feed-A-Child Initiative were:
1. Feed 500 homeless Almajiri Children of Sabo Community, Mokola.
2. Collect relevant data about the nutrition and health of these children for a research paper titled: Incidence and Effects of Malnutrition on Homeless Almajiri Children in Sabo Community, Mokola, Ibadan.
3. Inquire about the education of the children while encouraging them to
embrace education and its importance.
Towards the planning for the outreach, a planning committee was constituted which
was composed of the following units with their respective unit heads:
1. Logistics – Mr. Olaoluwa Olorunfemi
2. Food and Water – Miss Olanrewaju Ajeigbe
3. Data Entry – Mr. Oreoluwa Ademola-Popoola
4. Transport – Mr. Ugochukwu Okeke
5. Security – Mr. Oluwaferanmi Omitoyin
6. Venue – Miss Oluwanifemi Adetona
The Head of the planning Committee was: Mr. Olaoluwa Olorunfemi, acting in his capacity as the Head of the Social Outreach Committee of The Panacea Project while other members acted under the various units as required. The subsequent steps taken in the weeks leading up to the outreach are highlighted below:
• Publicity for the outreach began officially on May 14, 2018 with a 7-day sensitization campaign on the menace of child malnutrition in Nigeria.
• This was followed by the official launch of The Panacea Project Website – www.panaceaproject.org.ng on May 22, 2018.
• An Infographic design containing the summary of the Feed-A-Child Initiative Proposal was released on May 22, 2018.
• Official unveiling of the Feed-A-Child Initiative Partners was done on May 24, 2018.
• Fund-raising graphic designs were released on a rolling basis starting from May 25, 2018 and were sent out daily.
• A Call for FACI Volunteers was released on May 28, 2018 and this ran till June 3, 2018.
• A graphics design containing details of FACI shirt purchase was released on May 30, 2018.
• A 4-day countdown towards the Feed-A-Child Initiative started on June 5, 2018.
• The main poster for the outreach was released on June 7, 2018.
• An interview with the Chief Administrator – Mr. Folajimi Adesanya, conducted by a UCJ UI Reporter – Mr. Titus Adekunle was published on the Union of Campus Journalists, University of Ibadan website on June 6, 2018. Link here
• A pre-outreach release was published by one of the FACI partners – PENDICAL on their website June 8, 2018. Link here
• A graphics design for the volunteer tags was released on June 8, 2018.
• A thank you poster to all our: Donors, Sponsors, Partners and Volunteers was released on June 10, 2018.All publicity was carried out via the Instagram and Twitter Social Media Accounts of The Panacea Project:
• Instagram – @thepanaceaproject
• Twitter – @thepanaceaproj
• Partnership documents and proposals were sent out to a list of proposed partners.
• All proposed partners agreed to the terms of the partnership.
• Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) were signed with 9 partners namely:
I. University of Ibadan Medical Students’ Association (UIMSA) – Logistics, Manpower and Publicity Partner.
II. One Voice Initiative for Women and Children Empowerment (OVIWCE) – Logistics and Manpower
III. Hemjay Couture – Branding Partner.
IV. Temidayo Abass Photography – Photography Partner.
V. Pendical – Manpower and Publicity Partner.
VI. Core Graphics – Design Partner.
VII. AFK Foundation – Sponsor.
VIII. Esta’s World – Sponsor.
IX. Frontline Bookshop – Sponsor.
• Fundraising for the outreach was mainly via donations received from well-meaning individuals towards the success of the outreach.
• As the account details for The Panacea Project could not be confirmed before the outreach, a Zenith Bank Current Account belonging to an Event Planning Outfit based in Lagos was used for the purpose of the outreach. The Account Details are as highlighted below:
Account Number – 1012555203
Account Name – Morytoy Events Planning
Bank – Zenith Bank
• Esta’s World donated 25 bottles of Zobo drinks which were used for the 50 volunteers present at the outreach.
• Frontline Bookshop donated N10,000 that was used to purchase food for the volunteers present at the outreach.
• AFK Foundation donated N6,000 towards the feeding of 20 children.
• Other partners supported in ways that greatly reduced the total cost of the outreach.
• The Bank Statement for the account used for the outreach can be viewed here